The team at Hilary Carter Law advises clients regarding a wide range of legal matters affecting older adults. These include:
- Choosing a Fiduciary. Selecting the appropriate friend, family or professional fiduciary to make health care decisions and manage your assets in the event of incapacity.
- Disability Planning. The use of durable powers of attorney, revocable trusts, Advance Directives, and other means of delegating management and decision-making to another in case of incapacity.
- Protective Proceedings. Obtaining the appointment of a guardian to make health care and placement decisions for an incapacitated adult or of a conservator to manage financial affairs.
- Medicaid Planning. The preservation of assets to avoid spousal impoverishment when a spouse enters a nursing home.
- Supplemental and Long-Term Health Insurance Issues.